Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ice Breaker

Kuching
Tuesday, 26th January 2010

Introduction
This blog was created on 18th January 2010, about one week after I enroled mysef into bachelor progaram at Open University Malaysia.

OUM Convocation On 19th November 2009 - EDOSH Program. For more photos please Visit Safeselamat

A decision to continue my study was not an easy task. After completing my Exceutive Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health with Open University Malaysia (Institute of Professional Development -IPD) and National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health -NIOSH, I had three options to take. First option was to look for a safety job and relocate from Kuching, second choice to Continue my study in BACHELOR OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT WITH HONOURS and remain in Kuching, and the third choice was to look for safety job in any places and at the same time still continue with my existing job.
The options were quite difficult to choose, as any wrong decision made could jeorpardised my aspiration to continue my study. After consultation with my strong supporter who is also my wife, I chosed the second option, that was to Continue my study in BACHELOR OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT WITH HONOURS and remain in Kuching.

What is the Objective of This Blog

I name this blog as OPENUNIVERSITYMALAYSIACOM_BACHELOR IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AMANAGEMENT WITH HONOURS or in short as OUMCOM-BACHELOR OHSM.
This blog will become a venue for me to write notes and to record the progress of my study, and any visitor that share the same interest with me, it will become a venue for discussion.

Why I Chosed OUM

First and foremost because of it distance from my house, as my house is just about 2 minutes drive from OUM, secondly because OUM offers the program of my interest (safety program), thirdly of course method of learning offers by OUM suit my study mode as a working adult. And last or fourth reason was because I experienced studying with OUM during my EDOSH program which was just completed and graduated in November 2009. Please refer to my posting on EDOSH convocation at PWTC here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment